Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby news

Well, we are in the home stretch....

I went to the doctor on Monday and baby was measuring accurately using the fundal height. I did have some protein in my urine (although for me that is usually normal), so she and I decided I would do a 24 hour urine collection over the weekend through the Winkler County Hospital.

Yesterday Tim and I went to the high risk doctor and he did a sonogram. The baby looks good and healthy, but is measuring a week larger based on the first sono. (He is about 3 lb 15 oz) The technician said that the last two times she measured that the dates I have match what she got, so I think we are good there. The doctor also said I had more amniotic fluid than usual and to lay off the sweets from now on....what....no more chocolate ice cream covered in milk before I go to bed???

My blood pressure was like 140/93, so they took multiple readings and he said that I really shouldnt be working and that I need to cut back on work. So, he advised I go home right after school everyday and lay down for the rest of the day. I have to go back on Wednesday and he wants to see me once a week. I was also told to "bring a bag" just in case. On the way out he told me I couldn't go anywhere this weekend, so I guess I will be watching movies all weekend. My blood pressure has been good, up until last week. Even so, it hasn't really been high high....my feet are not swollen, but my face has been on and off, probably because I have had allergies and itchy eyes. It is probably these kids that are off the wall that are making me insane.....only three more weeks..only three more weeks...I do have everything ready for a sub just in case.

In other news, last night Tim smelled something burning in the living room and then we heard a pop! Our air conditioner quit working, so we slept with the fan on and the smell of burnt tires. The fan always leaves all of us stuffy and with a runny nose. Tim works with an electrician so he went by the house this morning and they figured out the problem. Hopefully it starts working correctly....yesterday it was over 100 degrees, but this weekend is suppose to be in the 70's.

So it looks like Cooper will be here before we know it....if I can make it to the point where he is at least five pounds, maybe we can avoid the NICU. I already have the carseat out with a baby doll in it. Everytime Brody looks at it I say, "Don't touch the baby!" and he walks away. :)

And I am having issues with my camera...I bought a new one but it doesnt want to upload pictures to my computer, so I have to take the card out of my new one, insert it in my old one (which I can't see the screen on) and upload from it. So, maybe I will be brave enough to post a pic soon.

No comments: