Friday, April 25, 2008

Meet Baby Lara




Today I went in for a checkup, which wasn't really what I expected. The doctor I go to is very knowlegeable and has many patients, but I feel he doesnt spend enough time with you. When I went in he decided to do a quick ultrasound. It was very quick and he is hard to understand since he is Indian, but I understood the highlighted orange part was the heart beating. That is all we did....3 minutes and we were out of there. Is that normal? The doctor I used to go to would take lots of time with you...but he gave me the willies. Next time we should be able to hear the heartbeat. I can't stand waiting to know what the sex is. Either way, I am going to do the nursery in browns..so at Target today I bought a brown and white striped blanket. Oh, and I bought a polka dot blanket a long time ago. I know people will buy things for me when I register, but there are those times where you say, "If I don't get it now, they might not have it later." I have started buying some diapers in size ones and twos. Don't worry...I have only bought two packs..but I dont want to have the burden of spending so much on diapers and formula in the first few months, since I won't be working for 6 weeks. Tim had an interview today with a big company, so his pay increase should balance out with my loss, since I dont plan on coaching anymore . That is a whole other story in itself. I will let you know when I know for sure. Back to the ultrasound...I was disappointed with what I saw. You know how it is when you look on the internet and see perfect pictures....I watched a video on youtube and was expecting to see the little booger moving like the video....uh...I could barely tell what was on the screen. Oh well...at least I am blesssed enough to know that he/she has a heartbeat and is growing. Tim insists it is a boy and I kind of have that feeling too, because I relate everything back to a boy.


For your enjoyment, I have pictures of my purchases, the little one, and my growing tummy. Today a child (boy) said, " I really didnt know you were pregnant...I thought you were just getting fat." I should have responded, "How would you like a zero?" Haha


On their test today, they had to write three facts and three opinions (you'd be suprised how many 7th graders can't). Responses from various boys: "Coach Lara is mean." I knew hormones were good for something.


1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Awww, look at your belly! Too cute. Yeah, that's pretty normal to have really short appointments. It's really going to suck for you since you have to drive so far.

He'll probably do a more thorough ultrasound when you're further along. I only had two of them; one around 17-18 weeks and one around 25 weeks or so. Oh, and a quick one at 6 weeks to see the hearbeat. He'll measure everything, try to find the sex, etc. Lots of women don't even get ultrasounds this early; he probably is just doing it to see the heartbeat, hence the very short time he spends.

But yeah, the appointments w/o ultrasound for me went like this: wait an hour in the waiting room, pee in a cup, get weight, get asked if I'm having any problems, measure tummy, set up next appt. and then I'm out the door. Maybe 5 minutes with the doc. Mine was good at spending time answering any questions I had, he just didn't offer a lot unless asked. I'd write down any questions you have before you go so you don't forget them.