




It's been a long day........
I got up at 3:00 am to use the restroom and I see a puppy in the hallway. Aspen is on my couch having another puppy. Puppies three and four arrived at 4-4:45 am. I stayed with her to make sure she did everything she was supposed to and helped her nurse once, but then she started snapping at them and almost bit one of their heads off! I couldn't believe her behavior because it is so unlike her...I think she is in shock. I called the vet in Monahans but he is out of town so I drove all the way to Midland. That vet said Aspen was a very friendly dog to people so it was probably that I had been with her the whole time and she needed to be left alone with them. She even watched Aspen charge at them and try to bite them. So I am like, "Okay, I just leave her alone with them so she can kill them????" I can't even get up without Aspen following me around. She wants me to be right with her.I can prove it. I made a "homeade muzzle" so that she can't pick them up or bite them, but I have been going in the bathroom with her, laying her down, and staying with her while she feeds them. I just moved my legs a little and was going to rest on the bathroom floor and she jumps up and follows me. She is able to lick them and drink water but I took it off so she could eat. I wouldn't be able to live with it if she killed one of them. She is having her sweet moments and her bad moments. I will probably have her fixed after this.
I already have the two girls good homes so if anyone knows someone who wants to buy a boy, let me know. They won't look so much like rabbits in a couple of weeks! Here's to a long six weeks!


1 comment:
I was going to ask if she'd had them yet.
Aspen, be nice! That's really weird. Not too maternal, huh? Maybe she'll get used to them soon and accept her fate as a mother of quadruplets. Go easy on her. I mean, you'd be in shock too if four babies suddenly popped out of you!
Leave it to you to make a stylish pink muzzle. And that's just gross about the birthing couch. Yuck!
Post a Comment