




This past weekend Tim and I went to a roping in Hamilton, Texas, which is a small town of about 2000 people, which makes it odd for them to have the facilities they have. We left on Saturday morning at about 9:00 and arrived there at about 2:30, due to our having to make potty breaks. Actually, they were potty breaks for Tim. :) Upon arrival, we unloaded the horse, checked out the arena, and checked into our hotel, which I must say is nicer than any other hotel I have stayed in...even the Hilton. The arena was right next to the hotel and about 4 miles out of town. The hotel was decked out in western decor, while the arena had a western store and a restaurant in it, along with a pool for the children.
This roping was a drawpot, which means you enter up individually and the computer pairs you with partners. Tim was a bit dissappointed because all of his headers missed. It was a good get-away though.
In baby news, I believe I have everything I need and some things I don't, but had to have. The bedside sleeper I ordered just arrived and Tim yelled at me, "What else are you going to buy???" I informed him that I have gotten everything I need now. Men! They just don't understand.
At my last appointment I had gained 4 pounds..I have probably gained about that much more by now, although I am not sure how since I still am not eating all that much. Everything is giving me heartburn and my back is starting to ache more often. I have a sonogram on August 13.
In puppy news, they all have new homes, which makes Aspen estatic....no more little creatures following her around trying to get some milk. We thought about keeping the white one, but I don't feel like having my shoes and coffee table chewed on and potty training again. I will miss their cute little faces though.
The beginning of the school year is right around the corner. I honestly feel somewhat worthless not having anything to do with athletics. This is the first time in five years I haven't had things to do at the beginning of August, which feels so wierd. It will feel awkward not having athletic periods, games, practice, and all of the lovely paperwork. This will be the first time I will actually be "just a teacher".


1 comment:
Nothing like a couples get away, especially before a baby arrives.
Post a Comment