What do you get when you stay in the hospital for nine days, have a baby, then stay in another town with family while your baby is in the NICU for three weeks?
One tired woman.
I have to admit, actually having nurses care for your child while you recuperate is nice, but we are still pooped after just two and a half days. Tim has been helping out so much, even though he is back at work. He holds him, changes him, and feeds him at night. We take turns with nightly feedings. It is a bit more difficult than I imagined. Brody has an apnea machine attached to him at all times to monitor his breathing and heartrate. It actually is reassuring for us. The cords do get in the way, but at least we know he is okay. He also has four medications he must take. I had to make a chart so that I don't give him the wrong dosage or the wrong med at the wrong time.
Brody is such a good baby and hardly ever cries. Let's hope it stays that way. :)
We are so grateful to have him here and we know its all the prayers of all we know that have helped him be so strong.
Now I am going to take a nap since my mom is here at the house. I better take advantage while I can!


No comments:
Post a Comment