Monday, June 23, 2008

Big John

This afternoon by grandpa, who we call Big John, passed away. It has been kind of an eye opener to how fast life passes us by. Since Tim and I have been married these 3 1/2 years, we have experienced the death of Memaw, Grandpa, and Aunt Ruthie on my side and his grandma and grandpa. I know it is part of life, but if you think about it, life really is very short.


When I think of Big John all of the following come to mind: farm, overalls, old tractors, and fishing. We had so much fun as young children out at the farm and taking our yearly trip to the lake on the bus. In retrospect, I don't remember him ever having to discipline us, or me at least, but I guess that is how grandparents are with their grandchildren.

He has suffered alot here lately with cancer, but it was his heart that gave out in the end. My mom and Myrt have been there for him these past couple of years and I know he appreciated them for that. He is with Memaw now, but we will miss him.

1 comment:

Linda Judd said...

Linsey, our thoughts and prayers are with you and the entire family. Losing a loved one is so hard. I'm glad, though, that you have so many wonderful memories of Big John. And I'm glad that I got to know him a bit over the past few years.

Linda
(Clara's Grandma)