Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Craft Day and Lizards






Yesterday I started out my day by showering and didn't have my contacts in, as usual. Towards the end of the shower, I saw something brown flowing in the water back and forth. Could it be a hairball? No, it wasn't. Since I could be considered legally blind (-6) I quickly jumped out, soaking wet, and put on my contacts. The unidentified object was a lizard. I am not sure if it was a gecko or salamander but I put a container over him all day. I did cut off his tail on accident. He met his death when Tim got home. I made him flush him down the toilet. I guess he likes water since he came up through the bathtub drain. In all my years I have had one scorpion join me in the shower and one cockroach. As long as I don't get bit on the butt sitting on the toilet by a snake or alligator I should be okay.



I went out into the heat of day and couldnt stand it so I came back home to relax. I think it got up to 110+ again. Cleaning house didn't sound appealing so I watched TV most of the day and then started on my crafts for Brody's room. I should have his room done by the time school starts, which is better for me and I won't have to worry about it anymore. Doing the western theme should turn out to be cheap because I can just use stuff I already have around the house, altering it if I need to. Here are two pictures of things I did today. The chair I painted looks better in person, but I wanted it to have a beat-up look. It is one of those chairs from church, which had been painted zebra previously.




No comments: